Pages - Menu

Monday, January 9, 2012

Burnishing Workbook No. 5

  
 Mark Osterman introduced to the wet plate collodion facebook page burnishing. He posted a gorgeous image and said he burnished the plate and then added finely ground pastels. I definitely want to try this and I did. He said it really gets a full effect after your varnish the plate, (which I plan to do later), but I wanted to show my results. I hope you can see the metallic effect and the cool gray he mentioned. If you look at the image on the right you can see in the sky some of the scratches from my rookie technique. I used my finger and cotton pads. His idea of "polishing" the silver on the plate to produce different hues and tones really is astonishing. I feel so lucky to have been on facebook and seen this post! Thank you Mr. Osterman!

Please visit Scully and Osterman's website to see their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment